What is flaxseed?
Flaxseed oil comes from the seeds of the flax plant (Linum usitatissimum, L.). It’s all natural skincare that you can apply both to your skin as well as taking it as a supplement! Believe me when you do both it’s pretty powerful stuff!
How Flaxseed fights wrinkles
- As we age our skin shrinks and flattens out, losing its bounce – the protein and essential fatty acids in flaxseed oil can help prevent this happening and stop wrinkles in their tracks. Flaxseed oil applied topically plumps the skin and helps to repair the skin’s cells, showing a marked improvement in elasticity, firmness, tone and texture.
- Skin nourished with flaxseed oil looks brighter and smoother with less fine lines and wrinkles. It’s beneficial for the rehydration of dry, itchy skin because the essential fatty acids prevent the skin from drying out and keep it moist.
- Antioxidants found in flaxseed oil are highly concentrated; they help the skin to protect against free-radicals and UV rays.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties help to minimise any irritation of the skin or redness, meaning that sunburn or a skin rash may heal quicker once a little of this soothing oil is applied.
- Flaxseed oil is extremely beneficial for chronic skin conditions, such as rosacea, acne, dermatitis, eczema or psoriasis, the fatty acids act to balance out the skin’s own oils and reduce any inflammation, helping the skin to repair.
- Dry and flaky or dull and blemished skin may be the result of the deficiency of omega-3 in the diet. It is certainly very common for people to comment on how much their skin improves once they start taking a good flaxseed oil like this regularly.*